Sound Medicine Hike - Plenty Gorge
Time & Location
About the Event
Join a group of like-minded souls to spend a morning exploring the incredible healing benefits of forest bathing, the Japanese practice of 'Shinrin-Yoku', which helps to calm and reduce stress.
Sound Healing is an ancient shamanic practice of sound immersion and meditation, as the vibrations help to calm, heal and rejuvenate the soul. You will be soothed with the sounds of drumming, flutes, chimes and vocals in a beautiful forest setting.
During a Sound Medicine Hike you will receive a sound healing, be guided on how to forest bathe, experience meditation in nature and be encouraged to connect with the nature around you. Your facilitator, Catherine Marty (Dare to Change Therapies) is a trauma therapist and sound healer, and is passionate about using her experience as a facilitator and hiker to share her love of connecting to nature and healing.
Location: Plenty Gorge Parklands. All participants who purchase a ticket will be sent an email two days before with a Google Maps reference.
Time: 9am and finish at 12:30pm
Energy exchange: $40 + bf
Use this link to book via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/sound-medicine-hike-plenty-gorge-tickets-150131941679
Important things to know:
- This is an 8km hike on trails that include some hills, well-formed gravel tracks and some uneven dirt tracks - so you will need a moderate level of fitness
- Everyone will be required to agree to a liability waiver prior to the event
- You will need either hiking shoes or sturdy trainers with some grip and a blanket/towel/yoga mat to lie down on during the sound healing
- The hike will start at the latest 9:05am, so everyone is encouraged to allow plenty of time for travel, parking and finding the group - as this is a group activity, latecomers cannot be accommodated for
- Please be mindful that as we will be in a forest, toilet facilities will be limited or not available
Do you have questions? Please don't hesitate to reach out!